Invited & Keynote Speakers
The Organizing Committee of Cansmart/SMN 2015 and the Cansmart Group are very pleased to announce that they are bringing together leading experts to present their views and visions on the evolution and future challenges of Smart Materials, Smart Structures, Structural Health Monitoring, Nanotechnology and all related topics and applications in these fields.
We are delighted that the following experts have agreed to be keynote speakers:
- Dr. Farhad Ansari, Professor and Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, Past President of SHMII (Structural health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure) will be presenting the latest research on SHM in general and on infrastructures in particular.
- Dr. Afzal Suleman, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Victoria, BC will cover the smart structures and materials in aeronautics in general and the NOVEMOR (the EU latest project on novel air configurations from fluttering to morphing flight) in particular.
- Dr. Yoseph Bar-Cohen, Senior Research Scientist and Group Supervisor at Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) and Caltech will present electroactive materials used as platforms for humanlike robots.
- Dr. Debes Bhattacharyya, Distinguished Professor of Mech. Eng. and Fellow of IPENZ, Director, Centre for Advanced Composite Materials, University of Auckland will focus on nano and macro fibrillar polymer composites in bio absorbable stents and tissues scaffolds.
- Dr. Norman Wereley, Chair and Minta Martin Professor of Aerospace Eng., University of Maryland, will present his research on Muscular Compliance in Bioinspired Soft Robots.
- Dr. Lei Jiang, Professor and Academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences will be speaking on Smart Interfacial Materials from Super-Wettability to Binary Cooperative Complementary Systems.
The Organizing Committee could not be more proud to offer our attendees the opportunity to engage with these leaders in research and innovation, in Vancouver, this July!
Prof. Jinsong Leng, Harbin Institute of Technology, China email@example.com
Prof. George Akhras, Royal Military College of Canada firstname.lastname@example.org